dotsure.co.nz will use information about you and your pet in the following manner:
By submitting your and your pet’s information to us, you authorise us to utilise such information in the following manner:
- to establish whether we can provide cover to your pet in accordance with our policy;
- to determine the terms and conditions that will apply in accordance with our policy;
- to on an ongoing basis, service the policy;
- to establish whether treatment is covered in accordance with our policy; and to administer, investigate and review any claims made and/or paid (including historical claims).
You furthermore authorise us to utilise the above information for any of the following additional reasons:
- the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud including instances where we reasonably suspect fraud;
- to conduct analysis and research in respect of the above; and
- where required or permitted by law.
Collection of Information:
We are authorised by you to collect information about you and your pet for the aforementioned purposes, directly from:
- your vet; and
- any other third party authorised by you.
You also authorise the disclosure of such information by such parties for any of the above purposes.
Our telephone calls with you will be recorded for operational and training purposes.
You agree that we may collect information about you and your pet.
We are authorised to disclose information about you or your pet for the above purposes, directly to:
- your vet;
- any third party authorised by you; and
- any other party in accordance with the law.
Security of your information held by us:
In accordance with our obligations in terms of the Privacy Act No 28 of 1993, we take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is kept safe from loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and/or misuse.
Access and correction of information
You may at all times have access to and request corrections or amendments of any of your personal information held by us by contacting us at [email protected].
We undertake our best commercial endeavours to ensure that the information collected, stored, used or disclosed by or to us about you is accurate, complete and up to date. Notification of any changes to your contact details, as soon as same changes will assist us to do this. If we do not possess over your correct contact details, we may not be able to provide information about the policy to you.
dotsure.co.nz or any other entities related to dotsure.co.nz may from time to time send marketing information to you via e-mail or text message, should you provide your e-mail address or mobile number to us, we deem the provision of same to us as your implied consent to receiving such marketing information. Please contact us on should you wish to withdraw your consent in this regard at any time.
Consequences of not providing your information to us
Should the information provided to us not be accurate or complete we may not be able to process your application or claim we may be unable to provide cover until such information have been provided to us. Further information in respect of the provision of incomplete, false or misleading information are included in your policy document.
Should you have any queries about the privacy of information held by us and/or our Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected].