How to make a complaint:
Should you wish to lodge a complaint:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 (five) business days of receipt of your complaint.
- You will be provided with the name and contact details of the agent dealing with your complaint.
- We will ensure that an objective and experienced agent fully investigates your complaint.
- Your complaint will be responded to within 10 (ten) business days of the date that all required information was provided to us.
- Should further information or investigation be required, a reasonable turnaround time will be agreed with you, failing which, you may approach our independent external resolutions scheme in respect of those turnaround times.
- You will be updated at least every 20 (twenty) business days or as agreed with you, until such time as your complaint has been resolved.
Should you not be satisfied with the manner in which we dealt with your complaint:
- Should our response to your complaint not be to your satisfaction, you may request a review of the matter by our Internal Dispute Resolution Committee (“IDRC”).
- The IDRC consists of members of our management team with the necessary experience and authority to determine matters before it.
- A review by the IDRC can be requested by following link and provide us with the necessary information requested.
- The IDRC will provide you with their findings and reasons within 15 (fifteen) business days of your request to review.
Dotsure.co.nz Internal Dispute Resolution Committee
Referral of complaint to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme Inc (“IFSO”):
- Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of your complaint by the IDSC, you may, within 2 (two) months of the date that you initially lodged your complaint with us, take the complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme, IFSO.
- We will provide you with an explanation for our decision in writing and provide you with a ‘deadlock’ letter to provide to IFSO.
- IFSOS is an independent body, free of charge to you who have been approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs.
- co.nz will comply with any decision made by IFSO.
Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme Inc
Level 8, 81 Molesworth Street
- By utilising the IFSO, you are not precluded from exercising any legal right which you may have and obtain independent legal advice.
- Should your complaint fall outside of the ambit of IFSO‘s terms of reference, we recommend that you obtain independent legal advice about the options at your disposal.
PO Box 19-410
Avondale, Auckland 1746